She’s been throwing up for 10 hours now on and off, fed her chicken and rice an hour ago and she’s been throwing up and

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: She’s been throwing up for 10 hours now on and off, fed her chicken and rice an hour ago and she’s been throwing up and heaving still
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 6 month old Austrian cattle puppy
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the puppy also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: A little but. not always, shell play on and off and wag her tail and still jump up on me a bit
JA: Does the puppy seem to be in any pain?
Customer: More like ks Discomfort
JA: What's the puppy's name?
Customer: Daisy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that i
Answered by Dr. Amy Leigh in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Dr. Amy Leigh
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Large Animal Veterinary, Small Animal Veterinary

-Thank you for contacting JustAnswer with your questions. I'm sorry Daisy is vomiting.

-My name is***** have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian and am happy to help with your question.

-Veterinary Experts are able to provide general medical advice. We are NOT able to provide a diagnosis or prescribe medications. I can help you to determine if a veterinary visit is needed or if it seems reasonable to monitor and treat at home.

-You may be automatically prompted to consider a phone consultation for an additional fee. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide phone consultations. If you would like to continue the chat, just hit decline. If you would like a phone consultation, let me know and I will disconnect so you can speak with another Expert.

-I will do my best to respond to you as quickly as possible. Sometimes, my response may be delayed if I am helping other customers as well. I assure you that I will get back to you as soon as possible to answer all of your questions.

I'd like to ask you some questions so that I can provide the best advice possible

Customer
ask what you need to thanks

-Is she having diarrhea?

-Is there anything that she could have eaten that is not usual?

Customer
No diarrhea but she may have gotten a bite out of a strange looking piece of bread on the street yesterday; I took it from her quick but there was something on it that was odd looking
Customer
She ate dinner afterwards and was dry heaving last night but started throwing up this morning

-Could she have eaten a toy or sock?

Customer
Possibly but I doubt it, I think a sock is too big for her to Injest but she does have a lot of toys. I throw them out once she tears them open

-Is she drinking and able to keep the water down? Meaning, she does not vomit for at least an hour after drinking?

Customer
She hasn’t been drinking much but she hasn’t stopped vomiting for a couple hours now, and it was a few times an hour previous to that as well

-Since she is a young puppy, is not able to keep water down and has continued to vomit, you should take her to the nearest emergency veterinary hospital immediately.

Customer
Ok Is this all I need for a referral or will you call one for me and relay the message? The one nearest to my house isn’t accepting patients unless it’s dire
Customer
you have to call them and relay all that information
Customer
Are you aware of how this service works?
Customer
I can’t just take her into the vet. This is why I’m speaking to you in the first place. Otherwise I would have been at the vet already
Customer
London regional emergency veterinary on*****N is the only one open around me it’s the one I need the referral to

-I am sorry. I did not know that you needed a referral. I do not know what the clinic you are taking her to requires. You can call and let them know it was recommended to bring her in by a veterinarian.

Customer
No I cannot. They said they need the diagnosis from you. They only take critical patients and they are not taking my word for it I already called them

-Can you please call and ask what they specifically need to be willing to take her?

-If the need a diagnosis, I am not able to provide that through online services.

I did not hear back from you last night. I hope you were able to find a veterinarian to help Daisy. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Amy Leigh
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Amy Leigh
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.