Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

She has a sore on her him and when you put pressure it feels…

Customer Question
She has a sore...

She has a sore on her him and when you put pressure it feels hard it has appeared over the course of the daty

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Hip Dog 8 months old grey hound

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the Dog's name?

Loralai

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Veterinary
4/12/2018
Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand there is a sore spot on Loralai that appeared suddenly. I am sorry to hear about what happened. Did Loralai happen to get a rabies vaccination recently? Is there any chewing or licking behavior that you have noticed in this region?

She got her rabies last year and she doesn't normally lick or chew n that region , I am wondering if it could be ring worm but my husband doesn't think so.

It appears to be a superficial dermatitis, which is commonly known as a "hot spot." Insect of flea bite is often the cause, although frequent chewing in the region can also cause it. Ringworm is possible but lower on the list of differentials. Treatment for this is to apply with topical antibiotic ointment every 12 hours for 7 days. If it appears to be getting worse, or if it is not fully resolved after 7 days, then it should be seen by a veterinarian who may need to treat with oral medications. A ringworm test can be done at that time as well.

Does that help to answer your question?