Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I am sorry I got disconnected from who earlier. A min ago.

Customer Question
I am sorry I...

I am sorry I got disconnected from who earlier. A min ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

My Pitt bull. She is my baby. She is 5 yrs old 2nd pregnancy.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your bull?

She was due monday or Tuesday. Should I be concerned. She smells like when she was in heat and she ain't acting like she is in any pain or discomfort. What should I be looking for?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your bull?

I just don't know how long is to long?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Veterinary
3/24/2018
Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The normal gestation length is 62-64 days from ovulation but due to the variability in the time of ovulation compared to the time of standing behavior (estrus) in the bitch and the long time sperm are viable in the female reproductive tract, gestation length from a single breeding can range from 58 (bred late) to 71 days (bred early). How many days has it been from when she stood for the stud?

Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?