Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My 30lb dog just ate a box of Rid X. Carmen...10 months old.

My 30lb dog just...

My 30lb dog just ate a box of Rid X

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Carmen...10 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Carmen?

Not really

3/22/2018
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. The good news is that Rid-x is enzyme based and is considered non-toxic as such, that said if Carmen has ingested a fair quantity she may suffer a mild transient bout of vomiting and/or diarrhoea. But the chances are that this will not turn into a serious sort of incident.

2. However where a dog swallows any sort of drug or substance not intended for it then one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try to recover the Rid-X that way. If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then this may be possible. For the sake of speed, I will give you a link on how to do this best: LINK

But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Carmen's condition changes in any way or indeed if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated.

Please let me know how things go ...

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott