Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My dog was hit by a ar the vet said her spine was broke but…

Customer Question
My dog was hit...

My dog was hit by a ar the vet said her spine was broke but she still had feeling in her legs after 4 weeks shes trying nto walk but here rear end wobbles does her spine need to be fused to stablelize her back have

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Theres no wound on here foot here spine is broke

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Georga

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Georga?

No shes abig dog weight about 100lb but shes just a bvig baby

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Veterinary
3/18/2018
Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

You need to have an orthopedic surgeon look at your dog as soon as possible. If she has a broken back and she moves the wrong way she can sever her spinal cord and then will never walk again. The fact that she has feeling in her legs is a miracle.....lets not mess that up. Your vet should have offered to refer you to an orthopedist immediately. You need a veterinary orthopedist and honestly if you are near a college of veterinary medicine that would be where I would recommend that you take your dog......I hope that helps you. If you want help locating this type of service I can assist you with that. Just let me know where you live or if you live near a larger city.......I check my computer every night. Sincerely, DRB

I would very much appreciate it if you would rate me 5 stars for my very prompt and attentive service. And do let me know if you need any additional help! You can rate me in the top right corner of the page. Thank you very much! DRB

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. DrB

Please let me know if I can offer additional assistance. Sincerely, DRB