Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

She's yuping every time gets up from her bed. Pitbull. Lala…

Customer Question
She's yuping every time...

She's yuping every time gets up from her bed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Pitbull

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Pitbull. What is the Pitbull's name and age?

Lala 7 or 8

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lala?

No she so sweet

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Veterinary
Yelping sorry typo
2/10/2018
Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Lala. Yelping - a sign of pain - upon rising from a prone position is most often associated with osteoarthritis of the hips (hip dysplasia) or the cauda equina syndrome - osteoarthritic changes in the most caudal (toward the tail) segment of the spine. Lala's vet will want to perform a complete physical exam paying particular attention to Lala's hips and spine. X-rays will be recommended to better assess the health of those areas. In most cases, osteoarthritis is addressed with nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) +/- a narcotic analgesic +/- neutraceuticals such as glucosamine/chondroiton and fish oil. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Can u recommend a good vet not to expensive

Regretfully, I don't know vets in your area but your local SPCA vets are often more cost-effective. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian