Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I took my puppie into Hope Venetian to get fixed and left…

Customer Question
I took my puppie...

I took my puppie into Hope Venetian to get fixed and left her in a cage for 7.30 hours with no water or food .. My puppy is 10 months old. After the did the process Hope Veterian in Amarillo Texas put back in the cage . And left her over night with no supervisor. I did not get a call after the process and my puppy had to another 14 hours in this cage with no food or water. My puppy was very cold and I have to get her out of this cage. Isn’t this to long to kept a puppy in a cage with no supervision?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texss

Veterinarian's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No ,, I just took her on 02.07-18 T 9 am. Then she then was placed in the cage which she still there at 5.50 pm when I called about my puppy they said they still had in a cage.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I tried to the veteran and leave messages on the web site of hope veterian clinic and on David Faulkner and his Wife Sarah Faulker . I also tried to contact both veterans Sarah and David Faulkner though messaged on Facebook still no reply. I finally called at 8.30 this morning on 02-08-18 and they said she got fixed around 6 Pm and then they put back in cage after procerer and remained in this cage then with no food or water for anoth 10 hours with no supervision

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Veterinary
2/8/2018
Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

Are you wanting to speak with legal or a veterinarian?

Do you have your puppy home now? How is she doing?

I would recommend calling and speaking to the office manager first and then request a meeting with the owner of the practice.

Usually, when we are having a pet dropped off for surgery we walk them multiple times and offer food and water that evening a few hours after their procedure.

We also have them on IV fluids during their procedure to help with hydration post surgery since most pets do not want to eat or drink the night after their surgery.

Dr. Andy, Medical Director