Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

For dr. Sulkin / VET. ..... Sulken in a few days I will very…

For dr. Sulkin / VET...
For dr. Sulkin / VET. .....
Hi dr. Sulken in a few days I will very likely ask you more questions. For now I just have one single question. Can you please tell me thoroughly, is it at all possible that melena, a small amount of dark tarry stool, and no other stool, for a period of two or three days, can in any possible way be a result of continual overhydration in a cat? So in other words a cat that has been over hydrated every day for a very long period of time. thank you
1/19/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

No, that isn't a cause of melena which can arise from metabolic disorders, neoplasia, infectious disease, bleeding disorders, pulmonary disorders (ingestion of expectorated blood), gastrointestinal and endocrine diseases. I'll be offline between 01/22-01/30. You may choose to engage another expert if it's likely that you would need to continue consulting with me. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to respond before this. I've been without reception and internet. I will rate you now and ask you new questions in a few days. Thanks again for your answer

No worries. Please note that I won't be available between 01/22 and 01/30. If you can't wait until I get back please don't hesitate to post your new questions for my excellent colleagues.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

trying to give you a bonus again it won't let me.

Please contact customer service at ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us or 1-***-***-**** for help in that regard. There appears to be a bug in the system!

You did it! Thank you once again.

Shoot, I forgot you were going to be gone for a bit. Will yo still be online tonight for awhile, or are you finished for now until you come back?

I'll be chained to my computer by evil gnomes for a few more hours.

Lol wasn't able to see your response until just now at 10 30 p.m. . Hope you have a nice vacation :-)

I'll do my best!

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian