Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have wormed my 5 and a half week old puppies with Drontal…

Customer Question
I have wormed my...

I have wormed my 5 and a half week old puppies with Drontal all wormer syrup, I have lost one pup, the vet had done routine test and there was no par one, but glucose was lo and was also low with protein I now have another pup sick with vomiting and diarrhoea and looks lethargic, it is drinking but not eating and only small amounts of fluid

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

No I think that is all, I wormed them about 4 days ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Veterinary
1/16/2018
Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand one of your puppies is having vomiting and diarrhea. The veterinarian diagnosed a low protein and glucose, but the parvovirus test was negative. Is that a correct summary of the situation?

No

I am sorry, I do not understand. Are you saying, "yes" to my question and "no" to the request of a phone call? The phone call is automatically offered by the website. You do not have to accept it as I can still answer your question with text chat only.

I think that you are not going to be of help so would like my particulars deleted thank you
No thank you I am Finnished