Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My daughter had dropped her ginnea pig and she thinks it…

Customer Question
My daughter had dropped...

My daughter had dropped her ginnea pig and she thinks it broke it's leg.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the pig?

Not putting and pressure on it. Is there any over the counter pain med that could get it through the weekend??

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the pig's name and age?

Julia and 2 years old

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Veterinary
1/6/2018
Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Technician replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry the guinea Pig was hurt. The best solution would be to see a Vet today. Banfield Clinics inside of Petco are usually open all day on weekends and do see guinea pigs. I would isolate the piggie into a small area to keep her from using the leg.

If she is squealing in pain this is an Over the Counter list of medications and how they are dosed by weight: http://www.guinealynx.info/analgesics.html

Unless in exterme pain I would not give medications because they can cause live and kidney issues.

All the medications are give per mg/KG of weight. and may be hard to dose

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan