Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Well cared for 18 mo old guinea pig. No previous history of…

Customer Question
Well cared for 18...

Well cared for 18 mo old guinea pig.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the guinea pig?

No previous history of any infractions or infestation.

Veterinarian's Assistant: There are all sorts of infestations the guinea pig can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the guinea pig's name and age?

Max 18 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

Dandruff just started.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Veterinary
Pig is not itching and no noticeable hair loss. If a mite infection it’s just starred in last week. Never had dandruff before.I’ve looked at ivermectin treatments on the Internet to treat for mites.Is it merely placing 1 drop of the correctly calculated dose behind the ear 1 time and then retreat in 7 days?
It’s really cold here in PA so could it just be dry skin?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/30/2017
Veterinarian: Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

I see he has dandruff without itching, but can you tell me where on the body he is affected?

Can you take a photo of this for me to assess? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.