Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Veterinary

My dog may have liked a spot on the floor. I DID NOT SEE HER

DO IT and her...
my dog may have liked a spot on the floor. I DID NOT SEE HER DO IT and her beard does not smell like she did . How long would symptoms take to show up and what would they be.She has pancretitus and has been having a episode which i thought she was over but this morning refused food..Thats nothing new. She is alert and will go outside if she hears another dog.I smelled her beard and it does not smell of oil and the hair doesn't feel greasy around her mouth.In other words what are and howl long to show signs?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. How old is May?
Customer: Sammi is 8 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about May?
Customer: My name is*****: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sammi
12/3/2017
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

If she ingested anything that will flare up her pancreas further I would expect sympathy to be showing by this evening. Feed a low-fat bland diet if you are not already ( boiled chicken and rice, canned chicken or if she is on a prescription diet).

You can also give her 1/2 mg/pound of Pepsid ( antacid) now and repeat in 12 hours to help prevent a flare-up of her stomach symptoms.

Also if you have a medication called cerenia on hand for her ( anti-nausea and anti-inflammatory to the pancreas) I would recommend giving her a dose now.

Good luck with Sammi hopefully, she will be just fine and be back to eating this evening.

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have, just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I gave her Cerenia about 9:00 this morning. She would not touch the cheese that her Prilosec was wrapped in. Do u mean give her a Pepsi’s Ac. Like 1/2 now and again in 12 hrs

If she is on Priosec that is good enough. I would pop it down her throat so we make sure she takes it. Prilosec is better than pepsid

The cerenia will help too.

My own dog is a pancreatitis nightmare so I always have that on hand. ;)

You can also try chicken baby food or canned chicken to get her eating.

Let me know how she does and if you have a moment please rate my assistance at the top with the stars so the site credits me with helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks I don’t think she got into anything. Just bad pancreas attack. Thanks for making me feel better

So glad to hear she is doing ok!

Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian