Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Veterinary

My cat is diabetic so far not on insulin but he has

Customer Question
diarreah. he is eating the...
my cat is diabetic so far not on insulin but he has diarreah. he is eating the correct food, constantly wants to eat and drink. What can I do until I can get him to my vet.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sorry your cat has that. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: name is***** for short. Age uncertain about 8 years.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Schwartzkopf?
Customer: He has lost weight over the years from 16 lbs down to 11 lbs. seems alert and calm
Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Veterinary
12/3/2017
Veterinarian: Katherine Schmidt,
 replied 9 days ago
Katherine Schmidt

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I cannot make a diagnosis over the internet, but I can give you some advice regarding your cat. For the diarrhea, I would start him on some Pepto Bismol (1/2 tsp every 12 hours) to help settle his stomach. I would also give him some Metamucil (1 capsule once a day). As long as he is still eating and drinking and seems to be otherwise in good spirits, he should be able to wait to see the vet until Monday. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Katherine Schmidt
Katherine Schmidt
Katherine Schmidt