Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Veterinary

We just found our ferret in the washing machine and he's

Customer Question
We just found our ferret...
We just found our ferret in the washing machine and he's alive but not not in great shape. Suggestions?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the ferret?
Customer: Not moving much and seems to be gasping for breath. He's not moving much. Small movements only from neck and stomach
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the ferret. What is the ferret's name and age?
Customer: Floki is 6 months old. and went thru a complete washing machine cycle.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Floki?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Veterinary
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 28 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago

************** is the number of Trevor, who is caring for the ferret at the moment! Please change the number for contact to his.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The ferret is moving around by its self more, but has some blood coming out of it's nose and is struggling to breath at times.

The very best approach for the ferret is going to be a veterinary examination. It's likely that the ferret has suffered body-wide trauma and likely also ingested/inhaled water and detergent. The risk of pneumonia is high and with the blood coming from the nose and labored breathing, I presume x-rays of the thoracic cavity will be needed to rule out broken ribs and potentially in the spine, as well. Antibiotics will need to be started, as well, to address/prevent the development of pneumonia. If it's easier to contact Trevor I can do so but there is an additional fee for phone calls.

I can also assist you in finding someone today in the area that can examine and treat Floki.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 27 days ago

Checking in. How is Floki today?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The pet died. We really needed advice quicker. I would not recommend this service to anyone.
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse