Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My goat somehow got a screw in its leg. How is that

Customer Question
My goat somehow got...

My goat somehow got a screw in its leg. How is that possible? And what do I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the goat's name and age?

Blacky and she's 8 months old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blacky?

She's one of my pets I have at my free petting zoo

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Veterinary
11/16/2017
Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I am NOT a large animal veterinarian but saw your question and wanted to help you.

This screw will need to be removed and she sill need a tetanus shot to prevent tetanus infection

Also antibiotics.

How deep in is the screw?

Paul

take her to a vet? How would a screw get in her leg?

Yes.

She needs to be examined asap.

No idea how that screw got in there- crazy!

Paul

It's midnight and all places are closed. Could it wait 6 hours?

Sorry- did not mean tonight :)

Yes tomorrow AM is fine

Paul

Do you have any more questions?

If not then if you can it would be great if you could rate me- That is how I get paid :)

Paul