Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Veterinary

Second opinion] one of my dog's eye as become cloudyJA: I'm

Second opinion] Hello! one of...
Second opinion] Hello! one of my dog's eye as become cloudyJA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 8 years oldJA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chewii?Customer: No ma'am
11/16/2017
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I'm sorry your question wasn't answered sooner, is your dog still having issues with a cloudy eye?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
he is

Has Chewii been rubbing his face or pawing at it? Any discharge from the eye? Do you think the eye looks like it is bulging at all? If you pull back his upper eyelid, does it look red compared to the other eye?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Before his eye turned cloudy, he couldn't open his eye because he rubbed his eye with his paw, there was a greenish discharge but that has stopped. His eye is not bulging and his eye is red.

Ok good to know.

There are several possibilities, but from what you are describing, I would be most suspicious of a corneal abrasion or corneal ulcer. It's not technically an emergency, but it can be pretty sore, so if you were able to get in with your regular vet tomorrow that would be ideal.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Okay I would like to thank you for responding back and for your time this evening.

You're very welcome - a warm washcloth over the eye never hurts and may make it feel better in the short term, but he likely will need some antibiotic eye drops and pain medications, hopefully your vet can make time to get him checked out tomorrow.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If the information I've provided has been helpful, I hope you'll take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking on the star rating system (or if you are not seeing the stars you can leave a written rating of 1-5, 5 being great service). Until you issue a rating of 3 or better, the website will not compensate me for helping you, and taking the time to answer these questions helps me to support my family. You'll still be able to chat with me even after giving a rating, at no further charge on this thread. My goal is to give you 5 star service - keep in mind you are rating only my help, not any site or interface issues you might have. It is valuable feedback for me and for other pet owners as they seek help for their pets.

If you'd like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drbethg/?rpt=3800

Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian