Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling,
Experience:  Veterinary Surgeon at Tameside Veterinary Clinic
97222438

My 12 weeks old puppy had her 2nd lot of njections plus e

Customer Question

My 12 weeks old puppy had her 2nd lot of njections plus e kennel cough one too 5'30. Pm I the last hour she has been yelping and seems to be in pain is this normal. Now in her warm bed inside. But not moving much at all
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the puppy. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Milo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Milo?
Customer: She was fine up until about 1 hr ago. Then the yelping stated I just want to know us this normal please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Richard Rawling replied 1 month ago.

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

We can sometimes see this kind of response after vaccinations. It is simply an indicator that her body is forming an immune response to the vaccinations. The vaccines should not make her unwell for an extended period. If she is resting now then that is good, If you are seeing signs lasting longer than 24 hours, or if she starts vomiting, this may be an indicator of a histamine response and she should be checked over by a vet. However if her signs are settling over the course of the day it is likely a normal response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much. For your help Richard. Very much appreciated she is still sleeping tomorrow she will be fine hopefully cheers

You are very welcome. Hopefully she is feeling much more her normal self very soon.

I hope you have found this advice useful and please don`t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
If you are happy with the advice offered please don`t forget to rate me as this is the only way the website has of providing me with feedback.
If you don`t click the stars, the website does not acknowledge me for the time I spend helping here!
Thankyou so much,