Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He ate antibiotics, dog, Goose is 40 lbs, goose, no he is

he ate antibiotics
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: dog
JA: OK. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Goose is 40 lbs
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: goose
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Goose?
Customer: no he is acting fine

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Which antibiotics and how many mg of them were ingested by Goose, please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cefdinir 500 mg

Thank you. This cephalosporin can be administered to dogs at nearly the dose Goose ingested. Transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea might arise but Goose should remain safe. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We don't know for sure if he ate them

I understand. Either way he would remain well! Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.