Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Second opinion] My Tibetan Spaniel 12 years old urine smwlls

Customer Question

Second opinion] My Tibetan Spaniel 12 years old urine smwlls fishy & he's urinating more oftenJA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Tibetan Spaniel's name?Customer: RubioJA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rubio?Customer: He's had a stroke in the last 4 months.He has some trouble walking,back legs are wrakJA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?Customer: On the foot pads ?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Hopefully this is something minor such as a urinary tract infection, while uncommon in male dogs these do occur now and again for various reasons, but if this is the diagnosis then a course of antibiotics from your vet will soon put things to right. Of course other diagnosis are also possible such as stones or crystals in the bladder and more rarely more serious urinary tract diseases are possible.

2. As antibiotics are prescription drugs then having him checked over by your vet at the next opportunity is your best way forward, and also a thorough examination would be desirable to confirm the diagnosis, if possible take a fresh urine sample with you in a clean glass container.

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Tibetan Spaniel is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his urinary tract problems ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?