Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

We were attacked by neighbor dog 2 days ago. He has a severe

we were attacked by neighbor dog 2 days ago. He has a severe deep puncture wound in his chest. has been gurgling when breathes. when I checked it this morning the infection wasd boiling out. I have no money for a vet and the owners wont eve stop when i
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: now its basically oozing now
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: its bad I know wounds pretty good . Partner the fluids are building up inside and im so distort please help he needs antibiotic soon really soon or I will definitely loose him.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: partner is his name

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you.....do you have any antibiotics at your home?

How much does your dog weigh?

ok,so your dog really does need to see a vet.....I suspect there is a pneumothorax based on your description......or bleeding into the lungs.....as far as getting antibiotics the only thing you can do is go to a feed store or farm store and get some injectable Penicillin and try this but it probably will not work..... I would try to get the combi Pen...let me see if I can find a link to show you what it looks like....

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=3b8603d8-a4c5-46d8-98dc-7ae71e7d51f0&sfb=1&itemguid=fa92e230-8ae7-4d18-8560-595ee7ea9d5f&utm_content=42706&ccd=IFF003&CAWELAID=120295250000091719&CATARGETID=120295250000179964&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtpDMBRC4ARIsADhz5O7cHXbaUHGHPAWBG_nZA7Ihos3T8EYrT81onkF4XS40_TvkJ29iNfMaAlPXEALw_wcB

above is the combi penicillin for dogs and it is dosed at 1 ml or cc per 20 pounds.....so if you have a 60 pound dog they would get 3 mls under the skin...if your dog is 80 pounds they would get 4 mls under the skin and so on.....valley vet supply carnies this but you can also find it at many feed stores...... the combi pen is nice because it only has to be dosed once every 48 hours.... I hope this helps. DRB

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).
Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

best of luck to you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B