Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have a mini pig that is around 5 weeks old. We just got…

Customer Question
I have a mini...

I have a mini pig that is around 5 weeks old. We just got her on Friday. She pooped on Friday but hasn't pooped since then. She also ate a little bit of plastic off of a tablecloth. I am concerned that it has caused her to be constipated. She is drinking pig milk good and ate alittle mazuri mini pig feed. What can I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the pig will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the pig?

No that is all.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Veterinary
7/30/2017
Veterinarian: Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Has she been straining like she needs to go?

Was her last stool hard or soft?

How long ago did she eat that plastic?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?