Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

We have a duck that appears to have lost an eye today. We

Customer Question

We have a duck that appears to have lost an eye today. We cleaned the area & put Neosporin in the surrounding area. Can she develop a fever or other issues? We aren't 100 percent certain the eye is missing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the duck's name and age?
Customer: She is about 18 months. Her name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blancs?
Customer: Blanca.doesn't seem to be anxious. Perhaps a little disoriented b/c her vision is different
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Blancs may have lost an eye and you are treating with Neosporin around it. Is that correct?

Do you know how this happened - was there a trauma?