Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling,
Experience:  Veterinary Surgeon at Tameside Veterinary Clinic
97222438

He is constipated and has been on lactulose periodically. he

he is constipated and has been on lactulose periodically. he doesn't have megacolon. he is on a rx diet food fiber response. we were out and the store had it on order. I feed him a grain free but now he is constipated. I need more lacatalose. but cannot see a vet until Tuesday. is there an alternative
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: satchmoe and 16 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about satchmoe?
Customer: no he is a healthy cat

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hoepfully I can help with Satchmoe today.

If you are out of lactulose, then food grade mineral is a good substitute ti ride you over until Tuesday. How much lactulose do you normally need to use?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
10g/15ml
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
every 12 hrs

That is the normal concentration of lactulose, how much do you normally give him?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2ml every 12hrs

Ok, food grade mineral oil is a reasonable substitute. 2ml twice daily of the mineral oil should suffice, if you think it is less effective you can use around 3ml up to 3 times daily.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you

You are very welcome.

I hope you have found this advice useful and please don`t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
If you are happy with the advice offered please don`t forget to rate me as this is the only way the website has of providing me with feedback.
If you don`t click the stars, the website does not acknowledge me for the time I spend helping here!
Thankyou so much,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Richard Rawling