Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

I HAVE A 2 YR OLD FRENCHIE. I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS OF

I HAVE A 2 YR OLD FRENCHIE. I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS HER FIRST YEAR AT PVSEC A RENOUNED PET HOSPITAL HERE IN PGH., HER FIRST YEAR TO FIND OUT WHY SHE"SCOOTS?" SHE WILL RUB UP AND DOWN WITH HER HINEY AND MOVE HER HEAD FROM LEFT OT RIGHT STICKING HER TONGUE OUT FOR 5 MINUTES AT A TIME ABOUT 4 TIMES A DAY. SHE DID THIS SPARATICALLY FOR THE FIRST YEAR, AND NOW THE PAST 2 MONTHS ITS LIKE 6 TIMES A DAY, AND ITS LIKE SOMETHING IS GRABBING HER AND SHE JERKS AND DOES IT THEN SMELLS THE RUG WHERE SHE RUBBED HER BEHIND. I THOUGHT SHE WOULD OUTGROW IT, BUT NOW IT SOMETIMES GETS HER UP AND SHE WILL JUM OUT OF BED AND SCOOT FOR 10 I N AT A TIME SEVERAL TIMES A DAY.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the head's name?
Customer: WHAT HEad
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the head?
Customer: I don't know what you mean. She just moves her head from left to right like she is looking back to try and relieve whatever IS GRABBING HER. fRENCHIES CANT CLEQN THEMSELVES SO THEY CANT TWIST AROUND. SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE IS TRYING TO SEE BEHIND HER. THEN SHE SMELLS THE FLOOR WHERE SHE SCOOTED. These doctors checked her for allergies, but couldn't pinpoint it. has an yone ever had this problem

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

Can you provide me with some additional information about your Frenchie?

Has she had anal gland issues?

Have you tried any medications ?

Is her tail correctly formed anatomically ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ITS NOT HER ANAL GLANDS .. THE BOARD CERTIFIED VETS AT PVSEC CHECKED THAT.. THEY GAVE HER A TYPE OF SEDATIVE BUT IT MADE HER DROWSY. THEY SAID YES HER TAIL IS.. WE HAVENT HAD HER SPAYED YET, AND HAVE PUT IT OFF because of the anesthesiology issue we are scared of, but I wandered if that could have anything to do with it?

She may have a pinched nerve or malformed nerve in her tail or the base of her tail. Have you seen a neurologist yet? Or had an MRI done?

Was the sedative called gabapentin ?

Gabapentin is good for nerve pain or nerve tingles.

I would look into getting an MRI done. I know you have spent a ton of money on your little girl, but a neurologist consult is your next step.