Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

Male guinea pig has a torn ear. Wondering if ear needs

Customer Question

Male guinea pig has a torn ear. Wondering if ear needs stitches.Tear is from outside, toward head, and quite large
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: Pascale. He's 4.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pascale?
Customer: The split is actually in a v-shape and is hanging on by a very little bit of skin. Pascale has been in great health.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long ago was it damaged?

Are the edges raw or open?

Any pus/discharge or swelling?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.