Kelly Jones
Kelly Jones, Veterinarian
97758537

My cat got into a fight and have wounds but are healing, No

My cat got into a fight and have wounds but are healing
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: No he got out the house a few days ago and we hadn't noticed anything til yesterday
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Sam 18 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sam?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, my name is***** and I am a veterinarian.

I'm so sorry that your kitty got in a fight. Do you have a photo of the wounds for me to check out?

Since they are healing on their own, I am more worried about some of the kitty diseases that can be transmitted by cat bites like feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) - which is similar to HIV in humans and also Feline leukemia virus. These 2 viruses can be tested by your regular veterinarian with a simple blood test.

Often, cat bites turn into abscesses where you will notice a firm swelling, bad odor and eventually drainage of yellow pus from the bite site. If this happens, you will need to go to your veterinarian to get antibiotics.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your help

Of course! Feel free to send me photos if you have them or if you think of any follow up questions, please let me know. Also, please provide a positive rating if I have helped you today. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
***** *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sam is doing fine, actually I took him to the doctor and examined and he got a couple of shots and medication.Thanks for the followup

Ok! So good to hear!