Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience:  19 years working as a full time veterinarian
2263760

Cocker spaniel, age two, just swallowed a Preservision Areds

Cocker spaniel, age two, just swallowed a Preservision Areds vitamin that fell on the floor. Looked it up and it seems to be Vitamin A, C , E. zinc and copper
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cocker spaniel will be able to digest that. What is the cocker spaniel's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is two and a half
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cassie?
Customer: Good health and REALLY cute

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

If he just ingested one or two of the vitamins that should not cause more than gastrointestinal upset. You may see some vomiting, diarrhea, or lack of appetite.

But you may not see any signs at all.

If he does get an upset stomach feed a bland diet of plain cooked chicken and rice.

You can give him human Pepcid Ac which is an over the counter human stomach acid reducer.

1/4 of a tablet per each 10 pounds of dog every 12 hours as needed.

If he does not have any signs or symptoms you do not need to do anything.

Does that help? Do you have any other questions for me?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, thank you so much. i do have some Pepcid on hand as my vet has recommended I give them occasionally for gastro upsets. She seems fine but i was just concerned

Ok perfect. It is always good to ask. Especially when something like this happens on a Sunday evening.

You are very welcome.

Enjoy the rest of your night.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby