Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Kingsland Blvd Animal Clinic
94981754

My dog had had diarriah and just now she vomited, Not that I

My dog had had diarriah and just now she vomited
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did had eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I am aware of though we live in an apartment complex where squirrels drag trash and food all over
JA: How old is had?
Customer: She is 3
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about had?
Customer: She is just drinking water and not eating

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

Was she normal before this evening? Have there been any changes in her diet like new food, new treats etc? How long has the diarrhea been going on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not really she had diareha yesterday and the day before. The first day we thought that maybe it was the dental chews that sometimes give her the runs but it goes away in a day. Yesterday she was still runny so we offered her some rice for dinner last night. Today she vomited and her poop was still runny. No new food or treats

We are kind limited on what we can do now that she is vomiting because we cannot try anything orally with her just going to throw it back up at us.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just talked to my husband and he said it did start yesterday not Tuesday

How is she acting? Is she lethargic?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She is acting normal otherwise, same energy level

Ok that is good. That means this can wait the night as long as her condition does not change.

So there are a few conditions that this can cause these symptoms. All of them unfortunately require some veterinary help because the vomiting has to be kept under control so we can get some oral medications down her. I am a little limited on how much I can help just being online, but I can help give you possibilities and guidance on how to proceed once she is seen by your regular veterinarian.

1. Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis is Inflammation of the Pancreas. In pancreatitis, inflammation disrupts the normal integrity of the pancreas. Digestive enzymes that are normally safely stored in granules are released prematurely, and they digest the body itself. The result can be a metabolic catastrophe. The living tissue becomes further inflamed and the tissue damage quickly involves the adjacent liver. Toxins released from this rampage of tissue destruction are released into the circulation and can cause a body-wide inflammatory response.

-diagnosed with blood work or imaging like an ultrasound

2. Gastroenteritis : The term gastroenteritis basically means inflammation of the stomach and intestine. It is a non-specific condition that could be seen in patients with parvovirus infection, pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease or any number of other conditions

-generally some therapeutic injection and oral medications are enough to set this to rights

3. Infection

4. Foreign body causing obstruction in the GI tract this often requires an x-ray or ultrasound to diagnose. Dogs generally will vomit after eating or after drinking water, or constantly because their intestines or stomach are blocked. This can be an emergent condition.

Lets try and get her seen tomorrow by your vet so we can get this treated. Good luck! I am also here for any follow up questions you may have just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Meghan Denney