Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My Pomeranian won 't eat and sleeps most of the day and is

Customer Question

my Pomeranian won 't eat and sleeps most of the day and is throwing up and
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your Pomeranian?
Customer: he's 6 years old
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

When did the vomiting start? Did he have any new foods or treats when it started? How many times has he vomited?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
for a week now no new treats

I can not call right now but I can opt out and allow other exerts to call if available.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. If your Pom has been anorexic, vomiting, and somnolent (sleepy) for a week, it's important that your vet attend to him/her at your earliest convenience. Your dog would have become profoundly dehydrated and electrolyte imbalanced by this time and require supplemental fluids and electrolytes once blood and urine were obtained for testing. Your dog's symptoms are important but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish but I'd rather you were on your way to your vet.