Rebecca, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have more than 30 years of veterinary practice experience.
11877925

MY CAT FELIX HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CLEAN CAT. HE USES HIS BOX

Customer Question

MY CAT FELIX HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CLEAN CAT. HE USES HIS BOX WITH NO PROBLEM. ALL OF A SUDDEN HE STARTS TO SPRAY IN THE HOUSE. I TOOK HER TO THE VET AND HE FINDS NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM.HIS LITTER BOX IS ALWAYS CLEAN,I NO THATS IMPORTANT. I DON'T WANT TO PUT HIM DOWN. (HELP). MY VET DOESN'T KNOW.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. How old is felix?
Customer: 10 YRS OLD
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about felix?
Customer: HE DOESN'T LIKE TO BE TOUCHED BUT THAT IS NOT NEW, HE ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about Felix spraying. When you took him to your veterinarian, were his anal glands checked? Impacted anal gland can be a reason for cats to spray.

Was a urinalysis done? I would want to be sure that he does not have an infection and a urinalysis is the only way to tell. If a urinalysis, a check of his anal glands, and a general physical are all normal, then trying something like fluoxetine (Prozac) helps some cats that are spraying. Let me know what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 9 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?