Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

We ordered a female three toed box turtle she was shipped

Customer Question

we ordered a female three toed box turtle she was shipped out Tuesday morning and we received her wed morning about 10 am. she has drank water but we'd have to put her by the water dish for her to drink. it seems like she has no coordination when it comes to her getting up and walking on her own and her from legs are limp she does move them but she wont use them to walk. we are trying to figure out what the problem may be
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the box turtle. What is the box turtle's name and age?
Customer: an adult female named shelby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about shelby?
Customer: she wont eat either
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with over 40 years working with Reptiles.

Can you tell me where you got the turtle from?

Did they make suggestions on diet, lighting and supplements?

Can you tell me about the set up you have?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength and brand?

Do you feed supplements?

Diet?

Joan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we ordered her from exotic pets 2410 N. Decatur BLVD suite 160 Las Vegas, NV. all they told me about her diet there was some box turtle pellets, and an occasional meal worm for a treat. we have a 20 gal reptile aquarium with a two bulb light fixture. red heat bulb and a blue looking daytime bulb. we have a heat pad installed under the tank to warm the substrate at the bottom of the tank
I do have some calcium and d3 but like I said she already will not eat.
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a UVB light specifically and is it a linear tube or compact coil, strength and brand?How big is The turtle?