Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Veterinary

I have a small breed snoodle. Today I was fogging my house

Customer Question
I have a small breed...
I have a small breed snoodle. Today I was fogging my house for insects and I had my pet outside with me all day. I opened the house to air it out, and I left her for 15 minutes, I did not lock her in her cage. She is throwing up, and eating grass and leaves to make her throw up. I suspect that a little of the insect ide may have gotten into her system. What can I do to give her first aid until, I take her to her vet in the morning?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Veterinary
8/6/2016
Veterinarian: Dr. Jo, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about your snoodle.
I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.
In the meantime, in order to help me help you better, I'll need some more information. To start with, can you please tell me:

• How old is she?
  • Is she otherwise healthy and on no medications?
  • Is she otherwise bright and alert and not showing any signs that this is an emergency like labored breathing?

I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply.Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is 4 years old, she has no known health issues, she is alert, and she is a little slow is moving, she is usually fast moving

Thanks for your reply.

To start with, I want to be sure you know to seek emergency care for her if she has you worried. I don't want to pretend I can make any kind of a diagnosis through a medium like this and you will need to trust your instincts on if she can wait for care.

Secondly, I'm going to direct you to a wonderful article that spells out exactly how to manage a dog who is vomiting at home while you wait to take her to the vet (or to see if it will run its course).

Getting that article now...

This article tells you exactly what to do. Please look it over and let me know if you have additional questions.

http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/first-aid-for-dogs/home-care/home-care-for-the-vomiting-dog

Let me know your thoughts on the article when you've checked it out. Thanks!

I will be going offline for the evening shortly, but will look for your reply when I log on tomorrow. Good luck with everything, and I hope the article provides you with everything you needed to know. Thank you.

Just checking in to ask how your little dog is doing today? I've been hoping things are back to normal.

Thank you.

Hi Nancy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Jo

Just one final check to ask how things are going with your dog. I've been worried about your whole situation.

Thank you,

Dr. Jo

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Veterinarian