Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Veterinary

My dog has a raised bump on her leg. She had been chewing on

Customer Question
it and is bleeding a...
My dog has a raised bump on her leg. She had been chewing on it and is bleeding a little. Can't get to vet til morning. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not received a response. It's been
40 min
7/28/2016
Veterinarian: Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How large is the lump?

Any discharge? What color?

Any history of a wound or trauma to this site?

Since we can see lumps for so many reasons, can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lump is about 1 1/4 cm round with little like tiny pimples
Color is pink no discharge
No trauma
This came up very fast she was just at the vet on Monday as she is having ACL surgery August 9th
I will see if I can get a pic it's on her upper left leg close to her bottom

Thank you,

If you can that would be grand to see this.

Since it is surrounded by tiny pimples, does it have a white head as well?

Is it sore or warm to the touch?

Do you mean just above the knee location-wise?

Is it the same leg the ACL is being repaired on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it's the other leg
Upper thigh or flank
Does not bother if I touch it but she likes to chew it. I took a pic it's in my photos but can't seem to get it transferred

Hi again,

If you cannot see the wee paperclip just over the text box you type into, you need only post it on any website you have access to and paste the link here. I can follow it and just see what we are dealing with, which would be ideal since this is raising a few concerns.

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I text or email it

Hi again,

I am afraid that is not possible since we are not permitted to give those details on the site. As well, while you could send it to customer service, they can take hours to days to get photos to me and that isn't very practical. So, consider even opening a free Photobucket account (more people seem to find that one quickest) and you can then post the photos there for me.

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I send it thru face book

You can post it on facebook and then copy/paste the link here for me.

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I post on FB where it doesn't go out to everyone

Hi again,

I think you would have to post it publicly if you use facebook, since otherwise it would be likely to prevent me from checking the link you provided (as we are not "friends" on facebook). So, if that is an issue, you should use Photobucket that I linked to before or you can send it to customer service (HERE) though we'd be delayed until they sent the photo to me.

Otherwise, in regards ***** ***** care for this lump, you need to start by blocking her access to it. So, she needs an e-collar from your local pet store since this won't be an easy site to cover. If she has chewed it open, we'd want to salt water bathe (1tbsp salt to a pint warm water) the area 2-3 times daily. And if we have blocked her access you can use an OTC hydrocortisone cram or spray to reduce the local irritation of this tissue. As well, we can use an OTC antibiotic cream at least for the pimples since they tell us there is bacterial infection even if we cannot appreciate what the nature of the lump itself is. So, those would be our supportive care at this stage that you can get on with. But if you are able to post that photo, I am still happy to review it and see if I can narrow down its cause for you.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried everything I'm just not tech savvy . I will just take her in early to vet it's 3 am here so it's only a few hrs.

No worries,

I just had been keen to see if I could help you narrow down the causes for this, but in regards ***** ***** initial question do use the above to counter her irritation, limit damage, and keep this stable until her vet is open.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lexi. How is everything going?

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian