Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

He is 16 years old pot belly has upper respiratory

Customer Question

Customer: .he is 16 years old pot belly has upper respiratory infection
JA: There are all sorts of infestations your pig can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the pig's name?
Customer: porky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Porky?
Customer: i have given him 2cc Procain Penicillin G 6 days ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: and Benadryl
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I am sorry for the wait but there have not been any large animal Vets on. I would like to assist. How is Porky doing? I am going to suggest to continue what you are doing. You can bring Porky into the Bathroom that is steamy to aid with breathing. For Nasal congestion you can use Pediatric Saline drops by Little Noses. The problem with respiratory issues in Pigs it can be caused by a combination of bacteria, so getting the correct Antibiotic that will treat the problem. I have to urge having Porky seen by a Vet for hands on care.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kathy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Jav917