MsAM
MsAM,
6012901

I live in Morris, Illinois. Our silky terrier, Bentley, was

Customer Question

I live in Morris, Illinois. Our silky terrier, Bentley, was diagnosed with Melanoma a month ago. He received four radiation treatments for his tumor, which is located between his upper lip and gum of his mouth, at the Animal Cancer Care Clinic in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. We are now back in Illinois and need to locate a Chicagoland veterinary oncologist to continue Bentley's treatment. He is receiving a series of shots which are a melanoma vaccine. He has received two thus far, and I need to make an appointment for him to receive the next two. Do you have a recommendation for a very good Chicagoland oncologist? An oncologist located in the south suburbs would be good, but I will travel into Chicago if necessary. Thank you.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  MsAM replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in canine cancer. You are certainly giving Bentley the best possible treatment. I can tell he is very loved.Board certified oncologists are the best specialists to consult. There are two in the Chicago area. Here they are:Dr. Roberta Portela, DVM, MS
Medical Oncologist
Premier Veterinary Group
3927 W. Belmont Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
United States
Phone:(###) ###-####Dr. Jaclyn ***** *****, DVM
MedVet Medical and Cancer Center for Pets
3130 N Clybourn Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
United States
Phone:(###) ###-####
If you have more questions just let me know. I wish Bentley the best possible outcome.AnnaMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service after you have all the information you need. I will greatly appreciate a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you!