Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

Veterinary

She beathing hard, Maltere female, Her tounge is hangi, Yes,

Customer Question
She beathing hard JA: What sort...
She beathing hard
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Maltere female
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Her tounge is hangi
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the animal?
Customer: Yes
JA: Where does the animal seem to hurt?
Customer: Her ttoat
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: She walk properly her body is shaking she just gave birth 3 weeks ago
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the's name?
Customer: Maggie we went to the vet but now she's breThing hard
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Maggie?
Customer: He
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Vet said her throat is swollen
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Veterinary
3/27/2016
Veterinarian: Rebecca, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebecca, Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Maggie. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Can you take her temperature with a thermometer?

Do her gums look pink, or pale?

How are the puppies doing?

Shaking and panting in a dog that gave birth a few weeks ago may be signs of eclampsia, or milk fever. This is a condition where too much of the calcium in her body is going into the milk for the puppies, causing her blood calcium to drop too low.

When she was at the vet, did they do any blood tests?

Is she eating and drinking?

If this is eclampsia, it is an emergency and she should see a veterinarian today to have her calcium checked and get IV calcium if it is low. If you can take her temperature and it is high, 104 or higher, I suspect milk fever/eclampsia.

How is Maggie doing?

Rebecca, Veterinarian