Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My guinea pig got poked by hay and now has cloudy ear with…

Customer Question
My guinea pig got poked...
My guinea pig got poked by hay and now has cloudy ear with white spot can i treat with vigamox?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2016
Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 2 years ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello Laura,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Laura

sorry to hear about Snicker's eye problem, however I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. Of course you are best to have your guinea pig checked over by a vet but where the sort of injury you have described has occurred then many vets would suggest an antibiotic eye drop such as Vigamox (moxifloxacin hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) this should be fine for guinea pigs. You would normally put two drops in the eye four times a day for a week.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again Laura,

I am just checking back in to see how Snickers is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his eye problem ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott