Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I have a problem with my gold fish. It has a sport on s head…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have a problem with my gold fish. It has a white sport on his head and a few missing scales. I treated the aquarium with metelene blue for 5 days and the sport diminished but now it has another one.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That's all he sweem and eats normally. I have had him for 3 years now and never had any issues. Thesr is another gold fish in the tank from the beginning and for now he is OK. I treated them both with the metelene blue.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2016
Veterinarian: Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian

Hello & welcome. I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you while I was away. Still, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has the spot been there?

Does it look fluffy or like a wound?

When did you last test your water? What are your pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.