Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

My 4 year old indoor pot belly pig about 130 lbs, stopped…

Customer Question
Hi my 4 year old...
Hi my 4 year old indoor pot belly pig about 130 lbs, stopped eating yesterday.
looking back for the last 4 days she has been acting a bit different not as aggressive at meal time. the last 2 nights she hasn't sleep much either, up and down every 10 to 30 min.
we live in Florida and it has gotten a bit cooler but I keep the heat on and she has lots of blankets. she doesn't seem to hurt anywhere, lets me pet her.
I was hoping you might be able to help I don't know what to do to help her.
She is peeing a couple of times a day very yellow, it's usually more clear, and several times a day.
she hasn't pooped in 2 days.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Veterinary
1/24/2016
Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry that your gal is not feeling well. It is hard to tell if this is due to an infection, a digestive disturbance, an area of pain or a metabolic problem. For now, provide supportive care which includes force feeding a liquified gruel using a turkey baster and giving Pedialyte every 4-6 hrs. After feeding the gruel, give your gal aspirin 1 1/2 tablets of the enteric coated aspirin full strength every 12 hrs. If she is not feeling better within a 24 hr period, take her to your vet for an exam. This treatment should help her feel better and cover your bases on what could possibly cause her distress.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Jennifer,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta