Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

10 yr old chihuaua suddenly cried out in pain and holding…

Customer Question
10 yr old chihuaua suddenly...
10 yr old chihuaua suddenly cried out in pain and holding head and leaning right.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2016
Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he walking in circles or off balance?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

off balance momentarily when he is crying in pain w/lasts only a few seconds. no preexisting cond. and no probs with eating or elimination.

I am confused, so the head tilt and off balance comes and goes?

except for these episodes hes acting normal

Friend, I am going to opt out, I am not set to make a live call.

head tilt only manifests during several seconds of crying
you only asked questions,didnt answer any?
not a single question answered. I'm disputing Visa charge.
Veterinarian: Doc Sara, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry that Dr. Peter wasn't able to finish your questions with you, but I think that I can help.

It can be really difficult to tell what is ailing our pets because they can't talk. The most common reason that I see in dogs that can cause them to randomly cry out in pain is neck pain. This always seems to coming in unexplained episodes where the pet begins to cry and may even fall over. Often times my clients think that it's their pet's chin that hurts because one when they go to lift their dog's head up by putting their hand under the dog's chin it causes a fit of crying and pain. Some dogs with neck pain will guard their neck and hold it in a very stiff manner - sometimes even off to the side a bit. I'm glad to hear that you feel that the episodes are becoming less frequent, but that sort of painful episode is definitely worth a trip to the veterinarian at the very least for some pain medication. Upon doing a full physical examination, your vet may locate a different problem or issue as well.

Please let me know what other questions I can answer for you.

~Dr. Sara

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to provide you with the most complete and accurate “five star” answer. If my answer isn’t what you were expecting, it’s incomplete, or you have more questions PLEASE REPLY to let me know what information you are looking for BEFORE giving me a negative rating! If my answer has been helpful to you, please show me by giving me a favorable rating. Thank you so much :)

Veterinarian: BestFriendsVet, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
BestFriendsVet
BestFriendsVet, Veterinarian
Phone call session started