Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My healthy mix breed of ten went blind in the last three

Customer Question

My healthy mix breed of ten went blind in the last three days. He eyes have turned perfectly white and she can't see a thing. Nothing else has changed ! Have you heard of this before?
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are many things that can cause this. One is cataracts that cause the pupil to turn white causing blindness. This can be secondary to Diabetes or an aging symptom.

Glaucoma can cause this also.

Keiki may have developed an infection that has caused the cornea to become cloudy to cause blindness. Only an exam by your vet can distinguish what is causing this so it can be treated correctly. For now, apply Artificial Tears, available at the pharmacy over the counter until you can get Keiki to your vet for an exam and lab work to determine the cause.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****