Joan
Joan, Vet Technician
Experience:  Vet Tech for 35+yrs. Small Animals and Fish
5071285

I was just on here telling of a colorfully marked snake w/

Customer Question

I was just on here telling of a colorfully marked snake w/ dark pattern Pay Pal, I no longer have working e-mail. Do I need to retype question?
Category: Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was 4ft + pale narrow head & chevron patterns in dk color from neck down to tip of rose colored tail! Hope that it's not a constrictor, as we have 2 loving cats that like the outdrs. They are pretty tough customers...but I still worry. Thx so much. I am "Carloe Shazzad" on facebook if you can answer me there and I will send you the $...just give me address. Also, will wait here awhile.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paypal didn't work...no e-mail address currently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
body also pale yellow & lt green
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did end up paying $20. w/ just debit (no paypal)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry...I am just a mess lately - Illness affecting situation. Thankyou so much for ignoring separate replies. I had written it all and that one reply disappeared. Only remembered 1 sentence at a time! =^..^=
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Can yo tell me what state you are in?

Did you happen to get a picture of the snake?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems I lost another page...had written to you hrs ago, something bumped me outa here...my knuckle or a page I had started with. But I did rewrite and embellish some more. Hopefully, you will find that Joan. Thankyou! I do have an old acquaintence in town who likes his collections of reptiles - gets involved w/ schools, etc. he may be interested esp if I know what kind this one is.
I was out front, talking w/ my 2 cats while transplanting. Then I noticed they disappeared. I had a new "audience". It seemed very relaxed w/ its last foot of the tail flattened, rose coloring w/ chevron pattern all the way to tip. Tell me plz...do you think this thing might take take down a cat? 8lb alert Himalayan and 10lb sleepy hunk-a-boola. I'll just keep them in.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a few minutes to research and see if I can identify the snake you had seen.

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Did the snake look anything like this one: http://www.snakesofarizona.com/rosy_boaplomosa_mountains.htm there may be some coloration difference,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not "a page I had started with"...but an offer to get free week (I'm not certain I'll do). Laptop seems to have a mind in it's own wittle world at times. Probably will keep tryin' on here, rather than calling. Thx for the feedback. Pale tan head with lots of hissing & fuss once I had the grabbers on it. I've been rounding up the cattle from off of the Rez all summer, and had a total of only 3 wild horses to spoil - mineral licks & water, some free hay...thank the good Lord, nuggets, they didn't catch on what the apples and carrots ~ or nuggets were this time around. Indian buddies finally came & got the cattle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that's not the same...wonder if there are differences in male and female. Quite alot of difference tho. V shape - dark gray or brown repeating down the back from neck to tip of tail. Pale yellow to pale green under the chevron markings. Light underbelly. Planned on hauling it out alot farther - to the tank...but it was almost out of the 4' tall garbage basket.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned and ran like a squeeling teenager. I did think from the name that was going to be it. Could be a snake somebody released that's not from around here maybe.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

let me get another picture for you. there are so many snakes in the area, but wanted to rule that one out because that one is a constrictor. It was a Rosey Boa and could injure the cats.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope...not the wandgarter neither...yawning out load. Thankyou...tomorrow then.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

this is tough without having a picture. Have to try to find one snake out of many to match and many look like your description. I can tell you most snakes are constrictors and the size of the snake will determine whether the cats are in danger. If not a constrictor the snake would be venomous. Right now I am looking at non venomous with your description.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
loud and loudest. I'm toast, my helper.
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

We can speak tomorrow with a clear head. Night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have the free week ALREADY - Yes Joan, I will hopefully be home (after my mamogram) by 11:00am (MT...same as Pacific) I hope this is a secure place, or didn't I already gi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ve my # ***** you? GOT to go to sleep now, but I'll put it on here if secure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chevron is a "V", not stripes or diamonds or blotches. From large down to very small at the tail. I really didn't think the coloring (rainbow colors) was much like others. Not red or blue, green or purple...but pastel coloring . check back here how I've described, plz. thankyou (###) ###-####
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid I will have to opt out. I have researched snakes and cannot find any that meets the description. Maybe someone else can assist.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wonder if the the fellow who appeared on here the 2nd day I was on here, from Prescott collects them or is interested in a more rare (?) species. He was holding the grabber hunting one in the rocky terrain in his photo. (I'm afraid I "x'd" out.) If you see this, get back on, plz. Have you ever seen one w/ this description? Or if Veterinarian can give me an idea - someone may be interested in finding this one. May not have much time left in the free week. To many challenges to some days, for me ~ free time to use pc is a premium.
Thx a bunch Joan, for your time and what you did tell me. Haven't seen it again...not sure it left, though. Would really like it out of here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you here tonight? I'm Carole & just wanted to meet you and say it is more accurate to describe as dark V pattern, from behind the pale head and neck, then what I kept saying before. So...not chevron, but shape of V getting smaller, all the way down to tip of tail.