Rebecca, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have more than 30 years of veterinary practice experience.
11877925

I have a 5 month old male Havanese puppy. He has done really

Customer Question

I have a 5 month old male Havanese puppy. He has done really well with potty training and hasn't had an accident in over a month. Over the past three days he has had about 7-8 accidents. Two of which were when my bf got home and the puppy was really excited and then just now when he was laying on the couch- he literally peed while laying down. He did just have his second round of lepto, canine influenza and lyme shot today. Do i need to worry?
Category: Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Some of his accidents have been small in size and some seem to be full bladder releases. He hasn't been neutered yet but o plan on it on the next month
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your puppy. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. If he is suddenly having a lot of accidents, it is possible he has a bladder infection. Was he having these symptoms before he got the vaccination today? If so, I don't think the vaccination caused this. If he were mine, I would take a urine sample to your vet and have it checked to see if he has an infection. If he does, a course of antibiotics should help. Let me know what else I can help with or answer. Rebecca
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He had a few accidents prior but today about an hour after the vaccinations was the first time he did it while laying down.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Dogs can have reactions to vaccinations, but usually we see vomiting, fever, panting.
It sounds like he has been having accidents for 3 days, since before the vaccination. I suspect the problem is not the vaccination, and if these were my own dog, I would have a urinalysis done to be sure there is no infection.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
How is Cody doing? Can I help with or answer anything else?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Hi Elizabeth,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Cody. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank uou. Cody is better.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I am glad to hear it. Let me know if I can help with anything else.