Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

What is wrong with our male guinea pig if his urine is milky

Customer Question

What is wrong with our male guinea pig if his urine is milky white, or is it something other than urine.
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I don't believe that anything is wrong with Drinkah. The alkaline urine of guinea pigs is normally thick and cloudy white or yellow. Like the urine of other herbivores, it contains many crystals. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Drinkah. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Going great...thank you. We were just wondering if that color urine was normal. He was in his floor exercise cage we got him and could see the urine but have never seen it before because of bedding in cage. Thank you for setting our mind at ease. The Grahams
You're welcome!