Veterinary

Ask a Vet and Get Your Veterinary Questions Answered.

Ask a Veterinarian,

I am looking after my son s dog , and have noticed that he…

Customer Question
i am looking after my...
i am looking after my son s dog , and have noticed that he is bleeding from his bottom
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/5/2015
Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- Where exactly is bleeding, rectum?
2- How old is Brownie?
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
yes , rectum ...not sure of age , but well over 10 yrs
1- Are you seeing any swelling or cuts in the rectal area?
2- Is having bloody bowel movements?
3- Any other symptoms?
no cuts ...my son said he had it before ,,,am unable to reach him atm....
havent noticed bowel movements
not himself active if that is a symptom
I am confused, so if you are not seeing the source of blood from the skin or he is not having bowel movements with blood, where is the blood coming from? Can you expand on this please?
his rectum , but have just noticed it on floor where he laid and my daughter said she seen blood when he went past her ...
sorry I have not inspected ....
Friend, I am going to opt out and allow another expert to comment. I don't think I could offer you any solutions without a hands on examination in this case. I am sorry. Please do not respond to this so the question remains open for other experts to see and does not come back to me.