Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My grandpuppy ate some of the stuffing of his cool bed and has been th

Customer Question

my grandpuppy ate some of the stuffing of his cool bed and has been throwing up. Is there something we can do to help him? He has a vet appointment in the morning, The bed was a green pet shop cool pet pad
Category: Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Can you tell me what material the cool pet pad is made of?
How much do you think he ate?
Has he had any vomiting, gagging, or retching?
If he has vomited, what is he bringing up in his vomit?
Can he keep water down?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Is he passing stool or straining to do so?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He sid not get to my house until shortly after my original question. He hasn't vomitted since 12:30 and it was only water. He did poop at 1:30 and there was stuffing and vinyl in it. He is drinking water. I don't know exactly what chemicals and materials made up the bed. He has a 9 am appointment with his regular vet.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you,
Since there was a delay in reply (as my colleagues were not available when you posted your question) and you have an appointment in the morning, would you prefer me to send your question back to customer service for a refund at this stage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That would be nice. Thank you