Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

my 11 pound ingested some medications. They are ramipril and

my 11 pound ingested some medications. They are ramipril and pravastatin. Will they hurt him
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How many pills did he ingest of each and how many milligrams were the pills?
2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide?
3- How long has it been since he took the pills?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ramipril was 5mg. pravastin 20 mg. he may have also ingested part of a montelukast sod 10 mg but only a very small part of it if any

The amount you have listed for the Ramipril, Pravastatin, and Montelukast should not be systemically toxic for Sam. But, can cause gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea. Otherwise he should be fine. This is what you can do if he develops vomiting/diarrhea:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or imodium. Start him on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 10mg 1/4 tablet every 12 hours 2-3 days. You can buy Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy.
2- No food or water for 8-12 hours. Give his gastrointestinal tract time to rest.
3- After 8-12 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer small amount of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day. Keep on this diet for several days then wean into regular diet.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. This is great information and I will follow your adivse.

You're welcome.