Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Veterinary question

Veterinary question

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Now if the product in question was a prescription medication, then the internet veterinarian, pharmacy, or pharmaceutical company would require the client to submit a prescription from a local veterinary surgeon who has examined animal and prescribing this product (assuming the internet vet would not be examining the animal directly). This prescription would make selling this product legal.

Now in regards XXXXX XXXXX these are rarely prescription medications. Therefore, they can be sold via the internet or over the counter legally in these countries. So, in regards XXXXX XXXXX specific question, it would be legal for a vet to sell the supplements the choose to sell within the practice in the EU. Furthermore, if that veterinary practice runs an online shop, then these would be legal to sell.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember that if you have any lingering questions or concerns, please reply so that we may continue our conversation. I will be happy to work with your further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied (with 4-5 stars or a happy face) so that I may receive credit for my assistance. Thank you & have a great day. : )

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you , Can you tell me is this the same situation for the USA also .

You are very welcome.

The situation is the same for both prescription v.s. non-prescription supplements in the US. Just for your interest, HERE is a popular US based veterinary website that sells a wide range of supplements as well as veterinary products to the public via the internet.

All the best,
Dr. B.
Hi Kevin,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.