Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

our boardercollie mix had a stroke on saturday, our vet suspects.

our boardercollie mix had a stroke on saturday, our vet suspects. they gave her two cordizone shots plus a vitamin shot since then. she is doing better but still is not eating, has not ate since friday. our vet said to try to feed her anything, we have even tried raw hamburgh. do you have any other suggestions? we are so worried about her going so long with out eating. thank you.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry about Eliza'a condition...I know this is frightening but it is not unusual for them to lose their appetite. In this case, you will have to provide supportive care by feeding Eliza a high calorie supplement such as Nutrical which can be purchased at the pet store. Also, your vet has a product called Science Diet AD which can be liquified and given by a syringe. Do this every 4 hrs and also give 2-4 ounces of Pedialyte that will give Eliza the electrolytes she needs to get past this.

The Nutrical acts as an appetite stimulant and may help Eliza past this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Jason for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I will send you a follow up in a few days to see how Eliza is doing and if I can answer any other questions.

Try to have a good day, Jason....

Good morning, Jason. This is Dr. Loretta checking in on Eliza. Is she doing any better? Thanks!