How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Bob Your Own Question
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Category: Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 7938
Experience:  35 years in practice
Type Your Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Bob is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

were can i get the medicine for moniliasis

This answer was rated:

were can i get the medicine for moniliasis
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob.
Do you mean that you want treat Kota for moniliasis? What part of her body is affected, her mouth, crop or both?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes please. her corp

Okay, thank you Maria.The treatment for moniliasis, more commonly called "thrush" is first to isolate the affected bird or birds, clean and disinfect the feeders and waterers with one half cup of Clorox per gallon of water. Flush her with Epsom salts by dissolving 1 teaspoon of Epsom salt in 1/2 cup water, and squirting this mixture down the bird's throat twice daily for 3 days. After flushing her, either nystatin can be given in the feed at 200,000 IU/kg in soft food like oatmeal or scrambled eggs for 7 to 14 days, or in the drinking water at 100,000 IU/Liter, or copper sulfate (also called "powdered bluestone) can be used at 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of drinking water, every other day for 7 days. Use a plastic water dish if you go with the copper sulfate treatment as the chemical reacts with galvanized metal. You should be able to buy either of these medications from you local farm or feed supply store, or any veterinarian can order them for you as well. Moniliasis is a fungal type of disease, and fungus has become resistant to many medications, so persistence may be needed to beat this problem. If you should have any more questions, please let me know.
Kind regards,
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob and 2 other Veterinary Specialists are ready to help you